GLOBUS 2022: Classical Greece (RG)
8 days from Athens to Athens
What will you need to pack for this enlightening tour of Classical Greece? A sun hat, your thinking cap, and your competitive spirit for starters. Thought-provoking scenery and stories await in the land of powerful Sun Gods, ancient philosophers, and legendary Olympians. From the world-famous Acropolis in Athens to the sacred Temples of Olympia, and the mountainside excavations of Delphi to the monastery-topped rock formations of Meteora, you'll walk in the footsteps of Greece's most renowned and mystical figures-and dance in them, too. A glass of traditional ouzo will loosen your joints to learn the lively steps of the sirtaki, made famous in the classic movie Zorba the Greek. A toe-tapping, hands-on adventure, you'll also learn the secret flavors of Mediterranean cuisine and how to make traditional tzatziki cucumber dip. Don't forget to bring your appetite, too!
Call (586) 731-1034 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15593836
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Welcome to Athens! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome drink.|
|Day 2||Athens||ATHENS Guided sightseeing includes a visit to the Acropolis and a stop at the Panathenaic Stadium. Free time this afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 3||Nauplia||CORINTH Cross the canal and visit ancient Corinth.MYCENAE Free time for lunch. Guided visit of the excavations and museum.EPIDAURUS Guided visit to the 2,300-year-old open-air theater before continuing to Nauplia. (B,D) 132 mi / 212 km|
|Day 4||Nauplia-Olympia||Scenic drive through the Arkadian Mountains.OLYMPIA Guided visit of the archaeological site and the museum. [LF] Cooking demonstration this evening to learn how to make the traditional Greek tzatziki appetizer. (B,D) 112 mi / 181 km|
|Day 5||OLYMPIA-PATRAS-DELPHI||Drive by the busy seaport of Patras.DELPHI Guided visit to the excavations and Archaeological Museum. This evening [LF] learn how to dance the sirtaki while sipping a glass of ouzo. (B,D) 149 mi / 239 km|
|Day 6||Delphi-Meteora Area||Drive past Lamia and Trikala en route to Kalambaka.METEORA Guided visit of the Varlaam and St. Stephen's Monasteries. (B,D) 155 mi / 249 km|
|Day 7||Athens||THERMOPYLAE Stop at the battle site.ATHENS Free time late afternoon and evening. (B) 236 mi / 380 kmENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Athens with a traditional Greek dinner by the sea. This and many more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time with your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 8||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).